We’re chirping and the birdies are tweeting about this tiny park situated at the Y-shaped intersection of Woodland Ave SE and the newly christened United Ave in our beloved Ormewood Park! You early birds will have seen Melissa Wakamo and Steve Carpenter up early toiling away weeding, transplanting and spreading mulch.
Red Robin Group has been a long time adoptive caretaker of this lovely spot. It’s filled with a potpourri of plants + trees, plus it’s right on the MARTA bus stop for our intrepid commuters.
How can you help? Neighbors can help by donating plants, old bricks or landscaping rocks AND help at cleanup days! We’ll come to pick up any donated items.
We also have a wish list of items for the park:
- We are working with the city to repair or replace the wooden sign
- We’d love to have an assortment of bird houses for the posts in the park — we can use up to 10 bird houses!
- Professional tree-trimming for the larger trees.
- A new bench for the MARTA stop
- Solar-powered party lights